DESIGN & DEVELOPERS FORUM
Stephen Bourg, Design and Developers Forum Co-Chair
Jeff Friedhoffer, Design and Developers Forum Co-Chair
The design and developers forum is focused on attracting communications practitioners working in industry. The forum is organized into sessions, with slide presentations. Peer-reviewed papers are not required; however annotated presentation slides are encouraged.
Presentations should reflect topics of interest to these practitioners including emerging technologies that will lead to new products and help designers and developers.
This call has two purposes: to request
1. Abstracts for proposed sessions, submitted by prospective session chairs
Suggested session topics include, but are not limited to
2. Abstracts for presentations, submitted by presenters.
• Cognitive Radio and networks
• Software Defined Radio
• Communication Standards (IEEE, IETF, ITU)
• Delay Tolerant Network Applications
• E911 for VoIP (Wireless and Wired)
• Instrumentation (RF, Network
protocols, Optical Networks,
• Location Based Services
• Modeling and Simulation
• Network Security
• Regulation in Communications
• Software development tools
• VoIP and applications (Presence,
• Wireless technologies
- 4G and beyond
- AdHoc / Sensor
- In Building Wireless Coverage
- Radio Network Planning
- Smart Antennas
- UWB WPAN
Submissions of abstracts for sessions and presentations that address business applications for working practitioners of communication and network technologies are requested by the extended deadline Monday, March 31, 2008. Submissions for all IEEE GLOBECOM 2008 sessions are to be done through EDAS (http://edas.info/). If you are a new user, you must create an EDAS user ID. Once you are logged in, select submission to GC’08 which will then list all sessions, including GC’08 D&D towards the bottom of the web page.
For inquiries, please email Stephen Bourg, SDBourg@ieee.org